I'm 64. Since my early 50's I've been faced with hip replacement, arthritis in the other hip, tooth problems, insomnia (probably associated with menopause) and general fatigue. After working with MD's for years, I finally decided to try a Naturopath (ND). I made my appointment, filled out my info sheet, and trotted over, not knowing what was going to happen.
The following day, I walked in with my huge grocery bag filled with supplements, and sat down. My doctor showed me how to look at the labels on supplements, and then hit me with the news. I'm egg and seafood intolerant. Whaaaaaat? I LOVE eggs and seafood! I eat eggs almost every day (free range) and salmon at least once a week. Did this mean I could NEVER eat this stuff again? I confess I had no idea that naturopaths look at digestion first, then symptoms. Oh, and I also was not to ever have fruit and sugar together (no more strawberry shortcake!) and can only have fruit 8 hours apart from sugar. And the journey begins...
No comments:
Post a Comment