Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Story Continues

As I meandered out of the clinic with my new supplements, my mind was still whirling. No more eggs. What does this mean? No more ice cream, cake, pastry, chinese food...No more seafood, meaning no more glucosamine for my arthritis, only plant based calcium, iodine, etc. Probably no more store bought milk, because Vitamin D is added, and it's often a seafood source used for that. And the minefield expanded.

No more fruit with sugar - meaning no more Skittles (my not so secret addiction.) I finally made the decision to eliminate refined sugars from my diet. That makes life so much easier than trying to remember the last time I had fruit/sugar and if it was ok to have the other.

This discovery happened in August 2010. A year and a half later, I'm almost 30 pounds lighter, and feel better than I've felt in years. Down from a 12 to a 6-8 in skirts and pants, and from a 1x to an XL in tops (the girls are taking their time shrinking.)

As I got better, I suggested to my daughter that she go and find her food intolerances. Instead, she asked, would it be ok to have her kids tested? So now we have 4 of us with fruit/sugar combination intolerances, two with dairy, one with potato and of course me, with seafood and egg intolerance.

I've been having some fun now, figuring out how to feed the kids fun food with no dairy, potato or fruit/sugar. I've decided to eliminate sugar as much as I can, just like in my own diet, and the rest of this blogging adventure is dedicated to sharing my fun attempts at giving kids yummy food the healthy way.

Enjoy!

No comments: