Wednesday, May 2, 2012

In the Land of Differing Points of View

I'm on the East coast these days, trying to find my way in my beloved James Wilson family, none of whom have discovered any food intolerances, and all of whom welcome my cooking for them.

In a family that loves shrimp, for example, how do I cook for them? Wear latex gloves, and fry myself some chicken on the side? Last night we went to the restaurant Sakura (sp) a Japanese style place that cooks your food at your table. So everyone's food gets cooked in the same 'pan' so to speak. For someone with a seafood intolerance that was an interesting adventure! But today here I am just fine, after eating my filet mignon and wishing I could have had some of that lobster....

I have a few weeks to get to know my Wilson grandkids again and enjoy every minute I get to spend with them. Along the way maybe I can find some healthy foods they will eat and enjoy. I'll keep you all posted...

No comments: